Sunday, October 3, 2010

Seven on Sunday

I was WAY busy on Friday and didn't have time to blog and just now have found the time, so I decided to do Seven on Sunday today instead.

1. Last Sunday, Mike and I were able to go down and spend some time with my in-laws for my niece's baby blessing. I had an absolute blast. I really am blessed with great in-laws and even better sisters-in-law. Some people don't get so lucky, and I think I take that for granted. My niece is only a month old so holding her is great practice. She looked absolutely beautiful on her blessing day and it was nice to be able to share that with our family.

2. Last Saturday, my friend Nancy from work, her daughter-in-law and I had a girls day out. We went to this Peddler's Show where we checked out all kinds of interesting crafts and gourmet food mixes. After that, we went out to eat and walked around Target. It was really nice to get out of the house and have some girl time.

3. So, the results are in. I have gestational diabetes. The doctor thinks that I should be able to control it just be watching what I eat. So far so good. And the best news of all that comes out of this is that I get to see our growing little "Fred" 2 more times on ultrasound before he gets here!!

4. I was able to go down to Houston on Friday night for my old roommate's bachelorette party. It wasn't anything crazy, just a meal out with the girls. I miss living with Melissa and I am so grateful that we have been able to keep our friendship through all the moving and graduating and our lives going different directions. Her wedding is next weekend and she is going to be an absolutely BEAUTIFUL bride!

5. I was also able to spend some time with my parents this weekend. My poor mama is having a hard time being an empty nester and she makes me feel so special when I come home to visit. We worked on our baby bedding project some more and made some great progress. I am so glad that we live close enough to my parents so that I have the chance to visit often. Plus, when the baby gets here, free babysitting :D

6. This weekend was general conference. It makes for an amazingly relaxing and uplifting weekend. I was able to watch the first 2 sessions with my parents, the 3rd with Mike, and the fourth by myself. It is so nice to know the the Lord has blessed us with a living Prophet and Apostles who teach her word. My weekend has been so nice that I don't want to ruin it with a Monday... boo!

7. The weather this weekend has been UNREAL! Today, I don't even know if it reached about 75. Talk about beautiful. Blue skies, a nice breeze, and perfect temperatures. Fall is here and I can't wait until it stays like this for more than a couple of days. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a fun week! :o) I'm sorry about your gestational diabetes, but i'm glad it's going well so far, and i'm super jealous that you get TWO more ultrasounds!! I'm ready to pay my doctor just to see this little guy again! He has so much personality already and I just want to see his little face!!