This has been such a great week! :) Lots of fun things to remember!
1. I had my 2 week check-up at the doctor's office. I had another NST, but this time the reading for the baby's heartbeat kept going in and out. Talk about scary! She said that it was completely normal because at this stage they move around so much it is hard to hear their heart all the time. Also, it turns out that since I'm on medication, she doesn't want my pregnancy to go any further than 39 weeks and I am getting induced December 12th! What?!? That is so close! She said that she wouldn't be surprised if he came earlier than that too! Lets hope I can get everything done before he gets here!!
2. Mike and I were able to go out for our anniversary (FINALLY!!) on Wednesday night. Turns out, everyone in town wanted to go out on the same day at the same time to the same place we wanted to. We had to drive around town for a while until we found a place that actually had a parking spot. We ended up going to Chili's and found out why everyone was out: The Rangers were playing. Luckily, getting a table wasn't hard, the food came fast, the service was great and the food was FANTASTIC. I love being able to spend time with Mike (it sure doesn't happen that often anymore due to school and work).
3. Thursday night, Mike and I celebrated Halloween. A couple of years ago, my mom bought me this pumpkin kit that has pegs in it like a light brite and you put this special flashlight thing in it. I have to admit, he turned out pretty awesome. The flashlight turns different colors and makes him look that much cooler. We saved the seeds and roasted them and have already eaten almost all of them :) I also made my own costume! It is just a black tshirt with a little frankenstein face painted on it and it says "Mommy's little monster."
4. Friday was my last day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about a HUGE relief off my back! This week was pretty psycho too and everyday I wanted to just walk out. I made it the whole week and am glad I did. I really enjoyed my last day with my friends and I wish them all the best of luck surviving this Thanksgiving rush! What am I going to do now? I have a LONG list of things to do before Fred gets here, so I plan on jumping right in.... on Monday. ;) And taking lots of naps!
5. Friday night I was able to go out with another one of the ladies that I visit teach. We thought since she was just added to our list that we wanted to do something fun to get to know each other. We went out to eat at Fish Daddy's here in town. Again, we picked a bad night and time and ended up waiting for like 45 minutes but the weather was perfect and the company great so it was well worth it. Plus, the food is amazing there. It is so nice to be able to get out of the house and spent time with some girl friends. Too bad Dalis is moving soon :(
6. Yesterday was the first completely free Saturday I have had in MONTHS! I didn't know what to do with myself at first, lol. Eventually, I found a ton of stuff to do and was really productive! Later this week, I have to teach a class on cooking with pumpkin so I picked out the recipes I want to use and have been trying them out. I made Turkey Pumpkin Chili last night and it turned out way yummy. Mike LOVES it, which doesn't happen often so that is good. I plan on trying to make pumpkin pie fudge today. I'll let you know how it turns out ;)
7. Tonight is officially Halloween. I love love love Halloween. As long as I can remember, it has always been a big thing at my house. Our favorite part is scaring the little kids who come trick-or-treating. My Dad is really big on it, too. Well, tonight is my first time to spend it away from my family and all by myself. I am listening to Halloween songs and waiting for the trick-or-treaters. So far, the only people I have seen outside are old men? I have a feeling that we won't be seeing many little kids tonight. :(
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
2 comments:
What a cute costume! I wanted to do something clever like that but I couldn't think of anything!! (I didn't Google...i'm sure there are ideas online!)
You should do what i'm doing: tomorrow i'm going to find a great 12 month Halloween costume for our little guy for next year. I'm way too cheap to pay full price, and who knows if i'll have time to make something next year!! Plus, a good, 12-month, store bought costume doesn't look cheap, just warm and cuddly. So it'll work :o)
I would love the chili recipe!
Post a Comment