Saturday, October 3, 2009

Date night!

So, since the move, Mike and I have barely had any time to actually get out of the house and do something (together that is lol). Last night, our schedules actually matched and he didn't have much homework so we went out!! I honestly can't even remember the last time that our "date" night didn't involve a movie from redbox!

Here in Bryan, the have a part of town they call "Downtown" Bryan even though it is nothing like downtown Houston. Actually, it's a lot like The Strand in Galveston with all the little shops and places to eat and the such. Last night, they had their "First Friday" which happens the first Friday of each month and all the shops stay open later and they have different music groups playing around and fun stuff for kids and all the such. Mike and I went and just walked around. It was a blast. We also went to the restaurant where I worked so that I could rub it in my coworkers faces that I was off (no, I'm not really that mean... I just really wanted a chocolate malt!) and so he could meet them. It was crazy busy and I was REALLY glad that I wasn't working! On our way home, we stopped for Taco Bell and then just watched TV on the couch.

I forgot how much fun it was to actually go on "dates." Most of the time we spend together I'm reading and he is doing homework. Seriously, he has never had so much homework any other semester that he has been in school! I don't know what it is but its crazy! That poor boy!! I help him out as much as I can.

Yay! It's general conference this weekend! I actually get to hear all of the seasons and me and some of my girly friends from church are having a DDR party while the boys are at the priesthood session! Be jealous boys! :D

I think I'm getting sick. OH and don't like freak out or anything, but my "sister" kat has swine flu and now my mom and sister Jen are sick. Boy, did I move out at the right time!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

What? Kat has swine flu. I have been sick since tuesday, so now I'm trying to remember the last time I was with Kat. When did she get sick?

Oh and I'm glad you enjoyed your date night - you deserve it!

Shel said...

I was just huggin' on Kat last Sunday... ikes.. I wont regret hugging her though, sounds like she is suffering. I hope it doesn't spread to much through the youth and the leaders. I also hope Jen and your mom are feeling better soon!

That's awesome y'all got out on a date!! It sounds like you had a good time :)