Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weekly update ;)

First off, Monday was our anniversary. Can you believe it's already been 2 years? I wasn't really expecting it to be an out-of-the-ordinary day because he had a huge test to study for. But when he came home from school, he brought me home flowers. :D I should have taken a picture, but I forgot. I absolutely love getting flowers. Mike seems to think otherwise so I never get them. Boy do I love my mother-in-law for encouraging him :D

Work is going great. I'm baking up a storm now and I feel like I am finally starting to get the hang of things. The pies I make are all pretty easy to do and I enjoy being in the kitchen. There are rumors that the old baker is coming back and if it is true, my boss hasn't said anything to me. I hope it isn't true. I would probably get kicked out of the kitchen. :(

Mike is studying ALL the time. Seriously, I feel like I never see him anymore. Any time that we are together, he's doing homework. Is it December yet? I am so ready for this semester to be over.

The bad news is, he has still not received a letter from A&M either accepting him or rejecting him. I feel so bad for him and I just want to know one way or the other so we can figure out if we need to think about moving again :(

Thursday night Mike finally had a break. He took me out to chili's and we pigged out, thanks to his coworkers at his old walmart. They gave him a giftcard when he transfered. Of course I forgot my leftovers on the table in the restaurant :( He spent the whole night with me and didn't do homework at all. :D

I have been trying out new recipes like crazy. You should go and check out my other blog for the recipe for Pumpkin Doughnuts and Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies! Yum!

1 comment:

Liz said...

Happy anniversary! So glad your job is going well! I have dreams of owning a bakery one day....along with playing guitar and speaking Spanish, so yeah, probably won't happen!:)