My mom came up to me Monday night WAY excited. She told me that Girls Night Out was this Thursday night and we both weren't busy. Girls Night Out is when a group of sisters from our ward get together to just eat and hang out. My mom and I have been trying to get to Girls Night Out for MONTHS but have never been able to make it. And, to top that off, it was at La Madeline, one of my most favorite restaurants ever and I used to work there.
So Mom and I showed up at 7 because we were crazy excited for the food. We looked around for people we would know but didn't see anyone, so we sat down. We sat and ate for 30 minutes and never saw anyone we knew. Seems like we were misinformed about the date and time.
Mom and I had our own Girls Night Out. I also got to see one of my old friends that I used to work with which was nice. We also went to check out a couple of the stores in the shopping center behind the restaurant. It was nice to have momma - daughter time. :D
2 comments:
You were not misinformed. Nobody else could go tonight, apparently. But it is so great that you and your mom had that time. I can't believe the one time you are both free, nobody else is!! That sucks so bad. But please try again next month b/c it is so fun (when people go).
Yeah. Sorry about that. I had to go to Roundtable for my Scout calling. I'll have to see what can be done b/c otherwise I'll be missing GNO forever due to my new calling and it's corresponding first Thursday of the month meeting! Glad you and your mom had fun, though.
Post a Comment