Sunday, February 6, 2011

Seven on Sunday

1. Jasper and I are starting to get the hang of hanging out all day together. He is starting to get a slight routine and is a lot nicer. He is even starting to smile a TON. It definitely makes being with him all the time more enjoyable.



2. Mike is having a REALLY hard time playing the balancing game. He stayed up doing homework til 1 in the morning one night which meant that I had to watch Jasper for 21 straight hours that day without any breaks. We both were pretty cranky after that day.

3. I was able to finish and send in our taxes this week. Man, having a baby really does bring in the money! I was also able to fill out Mike's FAFSA for the next year. We have been very blessed to be able to receive grants to help with Mike's school considering he still has a couple of years left.

4. We had a crazy arctic blast blow through earlier this week. We actually even got about an inch or so of snow! Of course the whole town closed down for the day considering Texans don't know how to handle the snow. Mike, Jasper, Chewy and I spent the day bundled up inside watching Mike do homework. Jasper didn't like the snow much.



5. Wal-Mart spoiled Mike and I this past weekend. Mike had Friday and Saturday off and didn't have to go in to work until later today. It has been so wonderful to have Mike home with us even if he had to do homework most of the time.

6. Because Mike didn't have work last night, the missionaries came over for dinner. It really is a blessing to have these guys in our home. We don't get to have them over very often because of Mike's schedule. I still can't get over the fact that these guys are so much younger than me now!

7. I have been a cooking fool this past week. I sat down and figured out what we were going to eat for the next 2 weeks and bought it all at the store. Hopefully I won't have to go back to the store for a while. I found out that the easiest way to cook and keep Jasper happy is to bring his seat in to the kitchen so he can watch. He loves being in the kitchen with his mama :D



**Bonus**
Jasper is growing like a week! In the same week we upgraded to size 1 diapers, had to change the buckles in his car seat, and have had to pull out a bunch of bigger clothes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cute!! I just love your little J! LOVING those big, blue eyes! Our little guys need to get together sometime! Hmmm...we're considering grad school in Texas...maybe then!? :o)

I love pulling out new clothes b/c I get to swoon over them all, but it's also bittersweet seeing them get less and less tiny!

Right now we're working through a giant box of "size 1-2"...my baby's almost a size TWO!! What!? Oh this growing thing isn't all it's hyped up to be. But we both had kinda unhappy newborns, it sounds like, so hopefully that coming to an end will be a good thing!