Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. My 24th birthday was on January 15th. It doesn't feel any different being 24 than being 23 except now I have a baby. Most of the day was spent with Jasper because Mike had work. When he came home, I tried to cook sausages and failed (they weren't done in the middle) and so we had Taco Bell instead. We pretty much just stayed home, watched tv and enjoyed being together. It was a nice birthday. Mike got me starbursts since I have been trying to watch my chocolate intake with Jasper.

2. Sunday we tried church with Jasper again. He completely slept through sacrament and Sunday school and then woke up so we just headed home. I really do miss being able to go to Relief Society but I don't think Jasper is going to let me any time soon. Church is right in the middle of his awake time.

3. Monday was absolutely wonderful! Mike didn't have work so he took Jasper so that I could have some much needed "me" time. I went out to eat at Red Lobster and then went and got a pedicure. It was so nice to get out of the house and not because I had to run errands!!



4. We took Jasper on his very first trip to Wal-Mart. Mike and I FINALLY bought curtains for the rest of the windows in our house. Jasper did great for the first little while but got a little fussy. We ended up having to carry him but he fell asleep pretty quickly.

5. Mike and I put up the new curtains in the spare room/Jasper's room. The room is finally starting to come together. Now if only we could get him to sleep better at night so that we could sleep in our bed!



6. Tuesday Mike started school again. I have NO idea how we are going to this this semester. Poor Mike has work, school, homework, and a baby to take care of. It is going to be a really rough semester and I hope that Jasper makes it a little easier on him.

7. Mom came to visit on Friday. She watched Jasper so that Mike and I could have a real date night and actually go out. It was so nice. I got to go out twice in one week!! We went and saw The Green Hornet and ate at sonic. Thanks mama for the date night!

8. Mom stayed the night and so we went shopping for material for Jasper's blessing outfit on Saturday. I love having my mom so close that she can easily come up and spend some time with us. We spent hours at the store looking at material for her quilt and also for Jasper's outfit. Luckily Mike stayed home with Jasper ;)



9. Jasper is starting to smile at me!! Before, he used to smile when he was sleeping. Then he started smiling sometimes in the morning. Now, he is actually smiling directly at me and several times a day!! I can't believe how amazing a smile can be and how it makes me feel so much better after a long day.



10. Jasper had his 2 month check-up today. He is 10 lbs 12 oz and 21 inches long. The doctor was really amazed at how well he is developing. Most preemies are behind in their development but Jasper is right on with any full term 2 month old!! :)

No comments: