Man I have been really sucking it up blogging lately. It is hard enough trying to find time to pee/shower/eat let alone blog. Here are a few updates of the past few weeks.
1. Mike's WalMart sucks. The recession has finally hit WalMart and their solution to this problem is cutting back on hours. The week before they decided this, they hired new people in Mike's department. Really? Since Mike's availability is pretty specific due to his class schedule, he has gotten screwed over on hours. Originally, the last two weeks Mike had absolutely no hours. He pretty much had to beg for hours and they finally gave them some in different departments. This week he will be working in Sporting Goods. Next week, pushing carts. Today, he is the absolutely only person in Garden Center which means he can't leave to go to the bathroom, help a customer, take a break or anything like that without calling down to customer service and having them send someone to take his place. And that is if they even have someone who is free to take his place. We really are hating WalMart right now. I hope things get better.
2. Since Mike's hours have been sucky, he had all last weekend off. We drove down the Bay City (which was a lot harder than it should have been) and spent some time with his family. It was really nice to be able to just spend some time talking and relaxing and being with people. I am getting better at being by myself, but I am not going to pass up being around people I love. Jasper was able to meet his Uncle Jeff, Aunt Sarah and Cousins Griffin and Phoenix. The drive back was SO much better and he lasted up to the last 5 minutes of the trip asleep :)
3. Speaking of Jasper, he is still growing like a weed. He is already 2 months old!! My sister-in-law Sarah gave us an exercise ball to bounce him on that saved her when Griffin was a baby. Jasper absolutely LOVES it to the point where he isn't really happy when he isn't on it. It is getting bad on my back though and I just hope Jasper can't survive a couple hours without it. Here is my favorite picture of him lately
4. We went to church for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was really nice to be able to go and take the sacrament but that is about as far as it got. He woke up in Sunday school, took forever to eat and didn't calm down and fall asleep until the last 5 minutes of Relief Society. Goodbye to sitting through 3 hours of church uninterrupted for a while.
5. It has been absolutely amazing the last month having Mike out of school. He was able to stay up late with Jasper because he didn't have to go in to work until late. When school starts, it won't be like that anymore. And I don't do well without sleep. I am completely dreding Mike starting school and I hope me and Jasper both survive.
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
1 comment:
Jasper sounds exactly like Naomi when she was tiny. We had the exercise ball too! I was bouncing FOREVER! I'll be praying for it to get better for you! You will survive though!
Post a Comment