Friday, June 19, 2009

I am WAY beyond livid...

My boss's boss came in to the store today.  He wanted to sit down and talk to everyone about the recent new changes such as my new boss and yada yada yada.  Thats cool and everything, but instead of doing it one on one, he asked my boss to come in too.

This week has been really rough for me.  I have worked for almost a week straight now and its been one of the hardest weeks.  My new boss started  a week ago.  She is a nice person but she is VERY awkward.  I can't even describe how awkward she is.  She doesn't really talk much and when you talk to her, she just smiles and nods.  No comments what-so-ever.  And she has this really bad breathing problem.  I don't know if it is chronic and she has asthma or is it because she smokes or something but she is the LOUDEST breather I know!  But other than her awkwardness, she really hasn't taken any time to get to know us girls.  She has been doing all the work all by herself, leaving us with nothing to do.  We just stand around and check people out.  Thats it.  And she does her own thing and then leaves.  I don't know.  All I know is that she is making my life rough.

I've been wanting to talk to my boss's boss about her for a while.  Ohhh and she doesn't throw away her own trash either.  She treats us like crap.  I know she is the boss and deserves respect and I give that to her, but when she starts treating me like her servant, I'm not ok.  I wanted to tell him all this stuff, but instead, she is right there.  I am no where near rude enough to tell her that I think she's awkward and rude.  So of course I don't say anything at all.  I just sit there.

Now she wants to change the dress code completely.  We have to wear khaki pants and blue shirts with collars (sp!).  I am not about to go and spend my money on clothes that I will never wear again!  What is up with that?  My boss's boss even said that we really didn't have to do it that way, but my boss insisted.  She also told us that we can't have drinks at the counter.  We have to keep them in the back room.  Ridiculous.  What if its busy?  I am not about to have to walk all the way back to the back room for that.  We can't be on our cell phones.  If someone needs to get in contact with us, they have to call the store.  Umm dumb.  Dumb.  

I could go on and on about the stupid stuff she is doing, but I won't.  I know she is just trying to take control and make it her store but is it so hard to ask our opinions about things and instead of making 8 people change everything have her adapt?  

Yes, I know it has got to be hard on her and I am trying to be nice.  She is really lucky that I am a nice person because I could make her life a living hell.  But I won't.  I know I won't.


She is lucky.  

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yowzas! She sure is lucky you are a nice person, because it sounds like you would flatten her! I'm SO sorry. Sucky bosses are SO SUCKY. Not even just a little. Hopefully, her boss will come in again and you can be one on one. Argh.