If you shop at hallmark very often, you really should get a hallmark card. Its a rewards card that when you use it, earns you points. When you get enough points, they send you rebate coupons in the mail. I have seen people who have had coupons that are for $15.00 off!! We ask every single customer if they have one. It's our policy. So we know if you have one or you don't.
As a employee of hallmark, it is illegal to add your hallmark card to a customer's purchase, even if they give you permission. It's stealing from hallmark. Monday, a lady comes in to the store to make a return. To make a return, you have to have your original receipt. This lady did so it was no big deal, but she was upset. ***Side note....it shows on your receipt if you used your card...*** She pointed down at her receipt and asked me what all of these numbers were. I explained that it was her hallmark card and it showed her points and everything. She didn't have a hallmark card. She had never had a hallmark card and did not want a hallmark card. I looked at the name on the receipt and it was my coworker!!! I told the lady that I would make a copy of the receipt, tell my manager, and that this would never happen again.
I didn't know what to do! I had just caught my coworker stealing for hallmark! ***Another side note....I have always been suspicious of her stealing....*** I called my boss and told her what had happened and she was shocked. Another one of her employees had pulled the same stunt a year or two before.
The next day, my boss called me in to work to help her look through old receipts. We found all of the ones where this girl had checked someone out and got on the computer to look at the receipt. We are not allowed to check ourselves out, so this would prove that these were not her transactions. We ended up finding over TWENTY seperate times that she had added her points! Obviously, she was stealing not only by using her card, but also stealing product!! She was fired on Tuesday and blames it ALL on me. Can't she just acept that she got caught and get over it?!?
Now, to add to the mess that I call work, my boss is retiring. This next Tuesday is her last day. She told me....today. She just found out....today. We are getting the old manager to come back and take her spot? My boss is not happy about that, but there really isn't anything she can do about that. I hate switching out managers at a job. They don't know how things are ran or our personalities or anything. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Tomorrow will be my 5th day in a row to work. And then I work Saturday night too....
It's been a LONG week.
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
3 comments:
I've had to report a coworker before at the daycare that resulted in her job. I felt bad, but its the consequence to their actions not yours. You did the right thing. :)
UGHHH! That is NOT fun stuff! I'm so sorry! But you did the right thing with the co-worker. Good job on that, and on being a hard worker. You and Mike are amazing.
You are really brave. Most people would've pretended they didn't see it. I hope it doesn't stay sucky up there, and that things are nice once the new manager is there.
Post a Comment