My husband has really been in to mountain biking for a while now. When we first started dating, he was actually planning on moving to Utah so that he could go to school and be able to do real mountain biking. Obviously, he chose me over Utah :D
His riding buddy lives in his old home ward in Bay City and they keep up with each other pretty regularly. He actually gave Mike his mountain bike, which turns out to be WAY expensive! Well, one day he asked if I wanted a bike. He built me a mountain bike from parts he already had and he gave it to us for free! It is so nice (not that I know what a nice mountain bike really looks like... I just think its pretty :P) and was custom built for me ;D
Yesterday we finally were able to actually go to a mountain bike trail in La Grange. It's hard for us to find time to go because we both work and he has school. But this week was spring break and he was able to get a day off from work so we went. We met up a couple of our friends at the trail.
I can't even explain to you guys how scared I was. I have seen pictures of guys who have completely ate it and I have heard horror stories about accidents and broken bones and.... yeah the list goes on. When we got there and we started riding, it really wasn't that bad. The trail was on a ranch and it was so much more laid back than I imagined.
I successfully completely the entire trail! Well, there was this one part where I had to by-pass it because I would have killed myself. But I made it and I am still alive and I didn't crash once!! I did walk down some of the big hills and up the ones I couldn't paddle up but it was so fun.
So hopefully I have found a new hobby that I can share with Mike. You should have seen his face. He was so happy to know that I liked riding with him and that I didn't completely hate it. We planning on riding more often (when time allows)
I am crazy sunburned today though. And a little sore. But no scratches, bruises, bumps or broken bones. :D
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
2 comments:
Yay! I am so glad that you found something that the two of you can enjoy together. Way to reach outside of your comfort zone!
I didn't notice a sunburn today. Maybe I was looking at the hair too much. Thanks for the details! It sounds like it was great! Maybe y'all can take Andy next time a group goes? He'll have fun, I'm sure.
Post a Comment