Thursday, February 12, 2009

I always ruin suprises

So, I got SOO excited today when I finished Mike's Valentine's present that I wrapped it all up and set it on my desk. I knew this was a bad idea after I already did it, but I couldn't undo it by then!

This year, I made a little scrapbook thing for Mike for v-day and it had several pictures of us together and little notes I wrote to him telling him how much I love him. It took me a couple of days but since I was sick for so long and had nothing better to do, it worked out great. Anywho, back to the part about it being a day idea ;)

Mike and I are HORRIBLE at suprises. We get so excited to give the other person our presents that we end up giving them to them early and then that day, be it a birthday or christmas or something, doesn't seem as special. For instance, Mike got SO excited about my birthday present that he gave it to me almost a week ahead of time. That worked out nicely though since we were flying on my birthday. My actually birthday day, it took him til almost 1 in the afternoon to remember since we weren't doing the whole presents thing.

As soon as Mike got home, he saw the present and got his cute little kid smile on his face. Of course, he asked if he could open it already and I gave in. Who wouldn't with his cute little smile and dimples.

He seems to like it alright. He has thanked me over and over. But now I am kinda regretting it. What is the actual Valentine's 'day' going to by like now? Oh well. I will probably make him breakfast or something to make the day a little special. We both have work so it won't be that nice anyways.

Maybe it was a good thing we did it a little early.

Oh and the best part of all is that he hasn't found a present for me yet. Now he knows how good my present was and he feels like he is in competition. Maybe I'll get something GOOD this year. ;)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Ahh, Brian and I know this routine so well! We have never been able to wait until the day. We did this Christmas however, but we each only got something small for each other. It was nice! But we will do it way early sometimes! And since we are so poor we will sometimes buy something and then dub that the present for the given occasion. I think also being poor has made us a little sad about giving presents so we tend to just ignore the present issue lately. 'Cause there are a lot of reasons to give presents! Have you noticed?? Goodness! Hope you get something great!

Jennifer said...

That's totally cute! What a good present. Andy will get nothing, as usual. We'll go do something, I guess. I'm not very romantic.

Jennifer said...

Oh, and I meant to say that you know how I feel about surprises - they aren't a surprise if you know it's coming. So I approve of giving it to him as soon as he sees it!