Monday, February 23, 2009

Family Meal ;D

Last night, we had our monthly family meal.  Two of my cousin's and their families live really close to us but we rarely get to see them!  Jen and Andy live less than a half a mile away and I still only really see them on Sundays!!  So us girls (me, Jess and Jen) decided that we were going to have a monthly meal so that we would atleast see each other once a month!  

Last night was as great as ever.  I baked some chicken legs and made some home-made chicken nuggets/strips.  Jess brought a rice cooker so that we could make hawaiian haystacks that were brought by Jen.  All in all, the food was great!

The best part of family meal is that we get to sit and talk together.  Last month we actually watched the super bowl together.  There is nothing more entertaining than watching sports with the family.  Last night all the guys were sitting around watching who knows what on tv, and us girls all went in the front room, cuddled in our blankets and just talked.  It was great.  I love my girl time.  Who doesn't?!?  

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I totally agree..if I wasnt so sleepy from the great food then I probably would of chimed in a bit more! Next time dont make such good chicken and I wont have to eat so much!

Jennifer said...

Hurray hurray! I love Fast Sunday (and I think that's the first time I have ever said that)! I was thinking that next we should go see a chick flick and leave the sports-addicted boys with the kids.

Alison said...

Amen to that Jen!

Carrie said...

All that I can say is that I am sooooo jealous!