Monday, December 15, 2008

So the new building....

This past Sunday we were able to attend church in our new building.  It is GORGEOUS.  It seriously looks more like a temple and I love that!  It helps me feel the spirit more and show more respect to the Lord.  I think we were really lucky as a ward to get a new building and I look forward to being in it for years.  I mean, seriously, there is even a little bathroom in the nursery room so that the kids can go to the bathroom right there.  Sounds like a great idea, right?  Oh no.

So, we have 27 kids in our nursery.  I love every single one of them more than anything, but it can get a little overwhelming and exausting.  Yesterday we only had about 18 or so.  Not too bad for a regular Sunday.  Anything under 20 usually is pretty manageable.  So, after sacrament, me and Mike walk back to the nursery room and find out that we are going to play in the brand new wooden floor in the gym.  What a crazy idea!!  There are sooooo many doors for this little guys to get out of.  Even Gabe, my 2 year old cousin figured out how to open the doors!  I had to constantly stand by and make sure no one escaped.  

The floors were another problem.  I am just waiting for one of these guys to fall and bust a lip and get really hurt and then I will be to blame.  I couldn't handle that!  I hate seeing kids hurt and I especially hate how adults think that I am doing a crappy job taking care of their kids.  I mean, I've never had kids before so I'm still learning, ya know?  Oh and with the new floor, and I mean beautiful wood floor, we have tons of toys that kids drop and through and kick and it just is going to tear up that floor.  You should have seen the scuffs we left!  It was ridiculous.  And I thought that people were worried about high heels tearing up the floor.  Haha kids are ten times worse!!

So, after play time and trying to manage 2 crying kids at once (try that when they are both 3 year old boys!), we went in for snack time.  Don't get me wrong, I love comforting crying kids, but being only 5'1" is diffiult sometimes.  Snack time and everything after that went great.  Well, sorta.  Ya know that bathroom that I talked about earlier?  Yeah, well we figured out that it locks from the inside and that if a kid goes in there and locks the door, there is no way for us to get them out!  How crazy is that!  And all of the cabnets don't have locks and they kept opening and closing the doors!  

Ya know, I'm really excited that about half of our class is moving up.  I like thinking about having a smaller group.  But then I realized I am soo attached to all my kids and a lot of the ones moving up are the ones that I am really close to; the ones that actually like me.  It's a catch 22 if I've ever seen one.  

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That is a crazy crazy story! I can't imagine that many kids! I doubt as many parents judge you as you think! I'm sure some crazy ones may think things, but remember, they are crazy! You are doing a great job!

Carrie said...

Hey do I have you email? Can you send me an email with your email, I want to invite you to a private blog of mine. carebelle@yahoo.com

Jennifer said...

Ok, I totally wrote a big wonderful comment yesterday and now it is totally gone! What's up with that?

I basically sang your praises for nursery. ALL parents are just grateful you are taking those runts for 2 hours. And y'all do a great job!