2. Monday morning, we woke up early and went to the National Museum of Nuclear Science and History, the only one in the United States. We didn't have much time to spend there, but Mike was amazed with it. We are hoping to one day be able to go back and spend more time really looking at all the displays. We drove all the way home, again making great time because Jasper was being amazing and made it home safe late that night.
3. The next morning, we were really able to see just how bad our lawn had gotten from the lack of us watering every day. Mike was so devestated and has been trying to bring it back to life ever since.
4. Mike pulled off all 'A's' this summer semester and to celebrate, we went to Freebirds. It is this really yummy build-your-own-burrito place and it was so worth it.
5. After being on vacation so long, it was way past time for a trip to the library. Jasper and I probably go every other week and I am loving being able to find some time to read.
6. Even though we had to come back home from vacation because Mike had to go back to work, Jasper and I really enjoyed still being able to have Mike home during the day before he started his fall semester. We had a "Back to the Future" marathon. I didn't remember the 2nd or 3rd one at all!
7. Saturday I finally got tired of looking at our sad, pitful, dead tomato plants and pulled them all up. I am looking forward to starting a garden again in the spring and hopefully being able to do as well as we did this year.
8. We were blessed with quite a bit of rain the day we got back home from vacation (talk about good timing!) and the grass really appreciated it. We even had some wildflowers in our backyard by Sunday.
9. I was not looking forward to Monday at all! Mike had to go back to school again, and this semester promised to be a hard one. He has 5 classes this semester, 2 nuclear, 1 mechanical, 1 econmics, and 1 health. Hopefully we will be able to survive!!
10. Monday night, a wonderful cold front blew through and brought some absolutely amazing weather. It got down in the 50s at night and only got up to the middle 80s for a couple of days. We spent as much time out in it as we could.
11. Mike normally buys all of his books of amazon, but he wasn't able to get some of them fast enough. We spent some time on Wednesday driving around trying to track down the few that he hadn't gotten yet.
12. Thursday was my monthly grocery trip. I did even better this month budget wise than I have ever done!! Hopefully we won't have to go back to the store too many more times this month and be able to save some money :)
13. Before we left on vacation, I noticed that our computer wasn't working. I didn't think much about it and figured we could fix it when we got home. Well, it turns out that we couldn't. Thankfully, our brother in law is amazing with computers and was able to come up to work on it Friday. We thought it was gonna work, but it turns out that our hard drive is fried. We got a laptop instead since Mike needed it for his classes and Jeff took it home to see if he could fix it.
14. Mom and Dad came up to visit on Saturday morning and took us to breakfast at IHOP. We had a blast playing with Jasper and just enjoying being together.
No comments:
Post a Comment