Mike, Jasper and I were able to take a nice family vacation while Mike was on a break between semesters. We drove up to Utah to visit with my sister Natalie and her hubby and Mike's sister Melissa and her family. It was an absolute blast!!
1. Since Mike has been on break from school, he has been a real go getter. He has been trying to get things done that he wouldn't be able to get done while he was in school. We cleaned the hallway closet on one of those days and boy does it look so much nicer.
2. I realized that I might need some more shorts so I found a pair of old jeans that had holes in the knees and voila! A pair of jean shorts!
3. Tuesday was absolutely CRAZY. I was trying really hard to finish cleaning the house, packing, and getting everything ready to leave for our trip. I am such an anal packer and it took me forever, but I think I did a pretty good job. ;)
4. We started out grand advent on Wednesday, leaving after Mike's last final. It was also Jasper's 9 months. We drove all the way to Clovis, NM which was a good 9 to 10 hrs in the car. Jasper did fairly well but had a hard time sleeping in the car.
5. Thursday morning, we left Clovis way early because we wanted to make it all the way to Orem, Utah in 2 days. Jasper was so tired of being in the car from the first day that he had a pretty hard day the 2nd day. We stopped at Arches National Park in Moab and drove around the park for a while. We finally made it to Natalie's place that night and had a blast watching Jasper crawl around like crazy after being cooped up in the car all day.
6. Friday we spent some time with the Tuckett girl cousins who live in Utah (exept Kailey who had work). We played Just Dance 2, You Might Be an Idiot, and Things. It was a lot of fun and the girls loved Jasper. That evening, we drove to Salt Lake to stay with Melissa and Kyle for a couple of days. Jasper LOVED all the big kid toys.
7. Saturday, Natalie came up to Salt Lake to hang out with us and we all went to Bingham Canyon/Kennecott Copper mine. This thing is HUGE! You can actually see it from outer space! We then went to Liberty Park and fed the ducks. Jasper wasn't too in to them yet, but he liked to watch from a distance. We had Cafe Rio (a Utah must have I hear) for dinner and just enjoyed some time together that night.
8. Sunday, we went to church with Melissa and Kyle. Jasper actually did great (I wish he was this good at our ward). That afternoon, we went to the Great Salt Lake Marina because I have never seen the salt lake up close. It was beautiful but smelled funny and had tons of bugs and spiders. We then drove up to Snowbird Ski Resort. It took FOREVER and Jasper was having a complete melt down, but it was so worth it when we got up there. The weather was amazing and the view was spectacular.
9. Monday we went to See's candy. I have heard so much about it and I wanted to check it out. Oh my goodness! Their candy is some of the best stuff I have ever had and I want some more so bad!! We then went to Zupas (my most favorite restaurant now...seriously I could eat there every day) for lunch and just ran some errands. That afternoon, we went to this adorable little farm called Weber's farm where we saw lots of farm animals and just walked around. We grilled shiskabobs for Kyle's birthday that night and enjoyed the amazing Utah weather.
10. Tuesday we went out to eat lunch at Chuck-o-rama (another one of my favorite Utah places) and stuffed ourselves FULL. We then drove back down to Orem to spend the rest of our time with Nat and Wes. That night we went over to Michelle Atkinson's house for dinner. I didn't get any pictures though, so instead I'm posting one of our hike we took with Wes. He took Mike, Jasper and I up Kiwanis Canyon to some beautiful falls. I am SO out of shape I thought I was gonna die lol. It was beautiful up there as well.
11. Wednesday we had a huge Ruggles get together. All of the cousins that lived in Utah were there. We had sandwiches for dinner, played games, and just enjoyed catching up. It was a blast to see everyone.
12. Thursday, Natalie had off work so we got to hang out with her all day. We went to Squaw Peek and Bridal Veil Falls. The water was FREEZING but it was nice to see. That night, Timmy came over and hung out with us while Nat and Wes went to a wedding reception. Jasper and Timmy hit it off right away and were best buds.
13. Friday, we drove back up to Salt Lake to go with Melissa and Kyle to Lagoon. It is a theme park with lots of rides. Since I had Jasper, I didn't ride on many but we did have fun watching my nephew Everitt have the time of his life. Jasper was so tuckered out that he passed out of the way home, barely woke up to eat, and slept almost the entire night!
14. We drove back down to Orem Saturday to spend our last day with Natalie and Wes. We went grocery shopping, baked cookies, grilled for dinner and played video games with Timmy again.
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
1 comment:
how fun! I met Alayna Tuckett once. She, one of her friends, Natalie (my roomie at the time) and I shared a car up to UT from Rexburg once. She was waiting for her then-boyfriend/missionary to come home so she could marry him! :o) Aww happily ever after :o)
I love all the pictures! And that hiking backpack for Jasper looks intense! Did he love not being crammed up against someone's back like other designs do?
Post a Comment