Things are pretty calm around here right now. Mike is in the middle of his semester and seems to be always trying to find a balance between work, school and spending time with us. His classes are way time consuming with homework due almost every other day and quizzes weekly, but his grades are staying steady and are starting to bunker down for the last month before finals. Work is going well for him and we have been so lucky that his manager has been so easy to work with. If Mike ever needs more/less hours, she works with him as best as she can. With the holiday season coming up, though, I know I won't be thinking such nice thoughts lol. As for free time, Mike has been sorta training to run in a 5K this weekend. He isn't much of a runner normally but because he gets extra credit for it and because it is for charity, he decided why not? He has been running a couple times a week and is starting to feel comfortable running the 3.2 miles. I'm sure I'll take pics this weekend to keep you updated ;)
Jasper is more and more fun and adorable every day. He has grown 3 teeth in the last month and is eating EVERYTHING. Seriously, last night at dinner, I'm pretty sure he ate more of my spaghetti than I did! He isn't a fan of sitting still to eat (which is annoying and more difficult) but loves to eat anything we are eating. He has started talking NON-STOP which is unbelievably adorable because he tries so hard to communicate. He loves talking to Mike and I, Chewy, and reading stories to himself. His new thing is that he makes this weird sound that sounds like "gurgle gurgle gurgle" over and over and over. Adorable! Jasper has started to really takes steps and can walk completely across the living room! He is still too scared for it to be his main mode of transportation, but he is getting there. His birthday is Thursday (WHAT?!?!) and we are having a family party with him this weekend.
As for me, I stay pretty busy chasing Jasper around and helping Mike study for tests. I swear I feel like I am in school right along with him ;) Jasper is such a good combination of clinger and independent baby that I do find time to read and occasionally clean house. Oh I heard a perfect saying the other day that fits my life to a T. "Trying to clean when your children are awake is like trying to shovel snow when it is still snowing." Yup, my life in a nutshell. ;)
We are all doing great, living life and loving on this little boy of ours. I'll try and be better about updated my blog ;)
1 comment:
WOW! Thursday! Nathan turned one on the second and we had a family party on the fifth with the Dooleys. It was awesome! I need to upload pics and update the blog :o) I think he's finally caught up to Jasper as far as the walking thing goes. He's surprisingly brave about it for how nervous and cautious he is about everything else! Jasper is such a doll! I saw the party invites on Nat's facebook, and combined with your cake skills, I cannot WAAAIT to see the post about your party!!
Post a Comment