Monday, June 13, 2011

1. I was watering our garden on Sunday and Jasper was sitting in his walker just walking. Any time I would get close to him, he would try to grab the water. He loved it! I decided to take him out of his walker and play in the water with him. He kept trying to grab it and hold to it. He has loved playing in the water ever since.



2. Monday was memorial day and my parents came up to visit. We went out to breakfast at IHOP (yum!) and just enjoyed spending time together. The more time Jasper spends with my dad, the more he loves him. Dad actually slept most of the day while mom, Mike and I talked and watched tv.



3. Tuesday was the start of the summer session of classes. Jasper and I had really enjoyed having Mike home during the day and weren't very happy to have him leave us again. Luckily his work schedule and school schedule work well together and we get to see him pretty often.



4. Wednesday was my monthly grocery shopping day. I try and plan out a menu for the whole month and buy most of the things I need in advance. I actually spend a lot less money this way. Of course I do still have to go and buy stuff like milk and bread, but its still nice knowing what I am going to cook ahead of time.



5. Jasper and I were just playing around on the carpet with the TV on Thursday morning. He actually stopped playing and sat there watching the TV. It turns out that he really likes Cat in the Hat.



6. We picked our first cucumber on Friday! :) It was a pretty small one but it still tasted great. I am just glad that we are actually getting something from our garden.



7. Saturday is cleaning day and Jasper wanted to help. I put him in his walker and he followed me around, just watching me. I was in the kitchen and realized that I hadn't seen or heard Jasper for a while (if he gets stuck, he cries to let me know). I go around the corner and find him just sitting in the hallway by the washer. It was on and he was really enjoying listening to it. Silly boy


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, I can't believe how cute and grown up this kid is!! I love the picture of him playing with water and him sitting by the washer :o) What a sweetheart! That look he's giving your dad in their picture is priceless!

Martin Andrews said...

Such sweet times :)

Martin Andrews said...

ps - this is jen logged in as Andy.