2. Monday were Mike's last finals. Poor guys, I thought he wasn't going to survive! Luckily he did and we were able to have the missionaries over for dinner. I made one of our new favorite foods: French Onion chicken. Check out my food blog for the recipe :)
3. Tuesday we actually celebrated Mother's Day. That night, Mike let me take some niquil so that I could get some sleep and he took Jasper all night. Talk about an awesome present! For dinner, Mike grilled me an awesome porter house steak. I had already eaten part of it before I remembered I should take a picture.
4. Mike also got me this really awesome watering wand for Mother's Day. Boy does it make watering my garden so much easier! I used it for the first time on Wednesday.
5. I had a pretty big cake coming up on Saturday and this is how my table looked most of the week. I made flowers from fondant and had them sprawled out all over the table drying.
6. Mike had off Friday through Monday so on Friday we drove down to my parent's house. Jen and the kids came over to visit and we had a blast. Charlotte loved playing with Jasper while Gabe and Claire played with Mike.
7. Saturday I made a graduation cake for Melanie Ashcraft's husband Brett. It was a Hawaiian theme and this was the first time that she actually let me kind of pick what I wanted to do. The cake turned out great and is probably one of my favorite cakes I have ever done. It was great practice for me to work on my fondant skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment