Monday, April 4, 2011

1. We spent Sunday down at my parent's house visiting family. We went to our old ward and were able to see lots of old friends. We had family meal with Andy and Jen and Craig and Jess. The kids loved meeting Jasper. Well, Gabe couldn't have cared less. Char was so good with him. She is growing up so fast!



2. We actually ran out of diapers while we were at my parents house. When we got home, all we had were size 1-2 diapers so we tried them out. Turns out that they fit pretty well and my baby has grown out of another size of diapers. I just bought a 192 count box on amazon and we got it for free with some credit Mike has for selling back books. Boy does free diapers feel great



3. Speaking of my baby growing up, Tuesday we tried rice cereal for the first time!! He wasn't sure of it at first, but he seemed to really like the taste. He had a hard time with the spoon (I hadn't bought any baby spoons yet) so I put it in a bottle and he downed it! He has been eating it every since and is doing great at it!



4. This little boy sweats like a true Ruggles! Since it has been so warm, we have been letting him sleep in just a diaper. The past couple of days he hasn't had clothes on at all. I hope he doesn't get too used to it. Isn't that the most adorable smile ever!?



5. Thursday Jasper and I went outside and sat in the shade on a blanket. He absolutely loved it! Most of the time, we go out and I just sit with him in my lap. But with the blanket, I can lay him on his tummy and he can explore on his own.



6. Thursday night, Mike came home with a surprise for me. He had found a ton of scrap wood at work that they were just going to throw out and he brought it home so he can make us a garden box! He didn't have work Friday so all of us went outside to "help" him build his box. Hopefully we can keep things alive ;)



7. Saturday was Jasper's first General Conference. He did great during the first session and turned into a little pill during the second one. When I sat with him in front of the computer, he loved watching the people speak. I am so grateful that we were able to get the broadcast in our own home so that I didn't have to deal with Jasper in public!


No comments: