Sunday, April 3, 2011

1. The weather has been amazing and Chewy loves being out in the backyard, so Jasper and I go out and sit on the porch when it is nice. Sunday was the first time he ever touched grass. He liked it a lot more than he liked the cement.



2. On Monday, I FINALLY found Dove Truffle eggs. I seriously have been looking for these little boogers since the Easter candy started to come out. They are definitely my most favorite Easter candy. It is a good thing that they only come out once a month.



3. On Tuesday, we finally got to try out Jasper's new stroller. He actually really enjoyed it. Too bad the sun was in his face most of the time.



4. I finally got some scrapbooking supplies!! I have been wanting to scrapbook since Grandma gave me some for Jasper's blessing. I have been scrapbooking every free chance I get!



5. This is George. He is a tomato plant. Mike bought him for me so that I can have my own home-grown tomatoes. We gave him a name hoping that we would connect to him more and try harder to keep him alive. We have a hard time growing things up here and I think part of the reason is the water.



6. Friday morning I started baking everything for the weekend. The cake was going to be 3 tiers, all different flavors. I also had to make cupcake balls and mini cupcakes. Talk about a lot of work. After Mike got off work that night, we drove down to my parent's house. Oh my goodness Jasper hates the dark and screamed almost the entire way. Horrible car ride!!!



7. Saturday morning I woke up early to decorate a cake, mini-cupcakes and cupcake balls for my friend Melanie. I have been doing her daughters' birthday cakes for the past 2 years now and have done her daughter Lily's cake since she turned 1. I love doing her cakes because she knows exactly what she wants and pays great ;)


2 comments:

Liz said...

what a great cake! and i am also in love with those truffle eggs. i've had a hard time finding them the last two years so i'm glad to know they're out there for the eating. jasper is SO GORGEOUS! so glad i got to see him when you were here to visit.

Anonymous said...

how cute!! I love, love, love that little toes in grass picture! Your cakes are just amazing! I've never tried those eggs...i'll have to give them a go! I've been scrapbooking any chance I get, too!