Saturday, September 4, 2010

It is really hard to do two blogs at once!

Sorry I haven't updated this blog in a while. I spend so much time on my baby blog that I hate retyping everything for this one too lol. So here is an update:

Mike and I were able to go on a much needed vacation to Galveston last weekend. We were able to go down to Bay City to spend some time with his family before we left. We also got to meet our new little niece Phoenix. She is absolutely adorable. It was sorta a slap in the face thinking that Mike and I going to have one of those little ones soon!

Galveston was great. The weather was perfect and luckily when we got there Friday, there weren't too many people since school had started earlier that week. Saturday was a little more busy, but we still found parking and time to spend down at the beach. I look pretty good in my maternity bathing suit if I do say so myself ;)

On our way back, we were able to spend a little time with my family too. We really are lucky to be able to live so close to family!

Mike started his fall semester on Monday. His schedule this semester really isn't that great and he has to ask of every Monday and Wednesday from work because his classes run so late. Seriously, he is in school off and on from 8:00 a.m. til 6:00 p.m. those days. Crazy, huh? The other days are fine, but he already has had problems with buying the right books and already has TONS of homework. And so, from now on, I don't think I'll be seeing him much for the next 3 months or so...

Work is still pretty rough. We are starting to get busier which means I am starting to bake a LOT more. I barely had time to breathe this week, let alone get much work done! Being on my feet for 7+ hours isn't easy and I am sure it is going to just get worse. Eventually, I am going to have to stop working as much. I am not looking forward to my manager's response to that!

Earlier this week, we finally got some rain! And some cooler temps! The weather this morning was absolutely PERFECT and it has been a little cooler all today. Later this week, we are supposed to get a cool front come through with the highs near around 88. I know that sounds hot, but it sure beats 100+. I cannot wait for fall! I went to hobby lobby today to look at decorations and they were having a sale! Yay! Come on fall and Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas... I can't wait!

No comments: