So this week has been extremely ridiculous! It has been long, tiring and emotionally draining,
Monday at work, one of my bosses yelled at me. Like straight up yelled in my face (even though he wouldn't look directly at me?). I am the baker at our store. I am in charge of all the pies that we sell. It is my responsibility to make sure we have enough for the line. Now here comes the problem. I have 2 bosses (husband and wife) who have 2 totally different views about how things need to be ran in our store. Donna told me that it wasn't a big deal if I ran out of pies. Well, Baine thinks otherwise. We ran out of a pie that we are supposed to have everyday (Donna only wants me to make 2 a day so we don't waste any) and instead of asking me to go to the back to make more, he throws a HUGE fit saying I don't do my job and he is gonna cut my hours and he will do the baking instead of me. Yeah. Lets just say I was pretty pissed. And to top things off, the AC was broken and it was over 85 degrees in parts of the restaurant. Yay.
I had a doctors appointment later that day. My blood pressure was pretty high because I was so pissed off and had been crying for a while. They didn't seem to concerned though, lol. Our little boy has all his fingers and toes, all his body parts, and is the perfect weight. His heart sounds great, I look great (I finally gained some weight!) but I do have a slight yeast infection. Talk about uncomfortable and gross! :S
When I get to work on Tuesday, the AC is still broken. Donna tells us that there is no way it is going to get fixed today and that we are going to stay up anyways. Puhlease. I told her straight up that if I got too hot and uncomfortable that I would leave early. And you know what she said to me? "It isn't that hot. Drive thru (where I work) doesn't get hot." Say what? Here I am complaining to you about my health, being almost 6 months pregnant, and you don't even care. Shoot, you know I left early that day! But the good news is that the AC is supposed to get fixed tomorrow.
Wednesday I get to work and still no AC. There weren't even working on it yet! By 9:00 a.m. it was already near 90 degrees in parts of the store. So I called OSHA. Straight up complained that our AC was broken, it had been broken for days, and they still hadn't fixed it. **Side note** I understand completely that parts to AC units take a while to buy/ship. But they could have done so many other things to make working in the heat manageable. They didn't even come to the store any of the days when it was really hot so they had no idea what it was really like** They sent some paperwork to my bosses who had to fix in the problem within 5 days and send back proof that it was fixed. Around 11:00 that day, the workers came. By the time I left at 1:45 (I left early again) they STILL didn't have it fixed. Yuck!!
Thursday I went in to work and they FINALLY had the AC fixed. I was so scared that they were going to find out that I called OSHA and punish me for it (which is illegal by the way). They didn't say a thing. Still haven't. And I doubt they will. But I got my problem fixed and now they know that someone in the store knows how to get things taken care of around there :)
Yesterday was pretty uneventful when it comes to work. When I got home though, I had to start working on some food I was preparing for a bridal shower today. Luckily, it isn't that much food and I haven't started freaking out... yet. All I have to do is cook the hot stuff and take it to the party in a couple of hours. It will be nice when all of it is over with!!
Next week I only work 3 days and then it is a 4 day vacation :) We are going to visit Mike's family and meet our new niece, Phoenix, who is only a couple of weeks old. After that, we are heading to Galveston for one last getaway before the baby comes. I need the time off and to feel the sand between my toes.
Now, lets hope that nothing tragic happens at work the next 3 days...
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
1 comment:
Al, I thought bakers knew how to control their yeast infections....
Post a Comment