I totally stole this idea from a friend of mine. Like her, I don't think I could do the Ten on Tuesdays so here are my Five on Fridays. I have had a really hard time being positive lately, so I wanted to really focus on some of the positives in my life.
1. Mike and I went on a date tonight. Ever since he started this semester of classes, the only time I see him, he is studying. All the other times he is at work. Our schedules just worked out great tonight and we were able to go try out a new restaurant (for us, not for College Station) called Carter's Burger. The food was great, the conversation was great, and the company was even better. ;) I married my BEST friend, and I am more greatful for that every day.
2. I really have had a great pregnancy. I haven't been sick barely at all and we are both relatively easy. This week I had to take the 1 hr. glucose test. Not fun. Turns out my sugar was a little high so next week I get to go back and take a 3 hr. glucose test. Too bad diabetes runs in my family and I wouldn't be suprised if I was diabetic. As long as the baby is healthy, I'll cope.
3. Work really is getting worse and worse. Jackie got griped out for something she didn't do and now doesn't answer the phone. This makes my job SO much harder. Only a couple more months until I get maternity leave, thank goodness!!
4. My visiting teacher's came and visited me. It is always nice to chat it up with some ladies when most of my time is spent either reading, doing crafts, or playing on the computer (all things done by myself lol). They even want to throw me a baby shower :)
5. (This didn't happen this week, but I want to blog about it anyways.) My visiting teaching companion is the sweetest, most charitable, most kindest woman I know. On Saturday, we were hanging out and she remembered that she had some food stamps that she needed to use that expired the next day. We went shopping, but instead of buying stuff for her, she bought stuff for me. She seriously spent $200 on me! Just because. I have NO idea how to thank her or return the favor. I am forever in her debt. You don't meet to many people like her.
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment