Last weekend I was able to go home and visit my family and do another cake. This is the 3rd one I have done for Melanie Ashcraft and I love them. She always comes up with the cutest themes! I can tell that I am getting better at doing these cakes because I didn't have one mental break down (when I normally have 2 or 3)! Thanks Jen and Kat for helping me out!

Mike and I were able to enjoy this AMAZING weather on Wednesday by barbecuing in our backyard. We share a backyard with another fourplex and found that some of our neighbor kids were out playing. I don't know what it is about little kids, but they seem to LOVE Chewy. Chewy, on the other hand, isn't so sure about little kids. After a little while though, they started playing together and those little boys have come over almost every day this past week to come play. I forgot how curious little kids can be! Mike gets a little annoyed, but I don't mind much.
Friday night I went out to Huntsville State Park to do a little camping with my family. It is a tradition of ours to go every year at Easter time along with a ton of people from our old stake. The weather again was perfect and it was so nice to spend time with my family and some great friends.
This weekend was also general conference. I loved how there were so many talks about nurturing children and being a good mother. I know that my calling to teach the sunbeams is an important one and I couldn't love my babies more.
Along with it being general conference, it was Easter! Mike and I were able to decorate eggs and just spend some time being with each other. Also, I made some fried chicken strips that were to DIE for, if I do say so myself ;) Mom of course got us a ton of candy which I shouldn't eat all of, but for some reason, I feel like I must atleast try... lol.
2 comments:
Adorable cake! I think you might need to make Hannah's cake next year!!
Love the cake and the cute picture of you and Mike!
Post a Comment