Monday, March 1, 2010

Lots to update :D

First off, earlier this week the Bryan/College Station area received almost 3 inches of snow. I am completely heartbroken though because my best pictures (of mike and I playing in the snow, making a 7 foot tall snowman and snow angels) have somehow been completely lost in my computer. I seriously broke down and cried when I found out. Oh well, this just proves that I have the Homer curse with electronics. Here are some of the ones that I could find.

This is the only picture we have left of our snowman. Seriously, 7 feet tall :D



The little snowman I made by myself on my car. The neighbor kids didn't even let him live an hour :( Gonna have to beat them up for that!



This was taken in the early afternoon. It snowed until 8 that night.


The even better news is that:

MIKE GOT ACCEPTED INTO THE NUCLEAR ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT AT TEXAS A&M!!

We were beyond excited to hear this good news. But there was a caught. Mike's dream was to go to Texas A&M to be a MECHANICAL engineer, not a NUCLEAR engineer and this caused a dilemma.

Mike was already accepted to Texas A&M in Kingsville into the Mechanical Engineering program. Were we supposed to stay here in Bryan (with out jobs, friends, ward, and apartment) or move to Kingsville to do what Mike really wanted to do? We were completely torn.

After many hours of pondering, fasting, and praying, we decided that staying in Bryan/College Station is the best thing for us to do and that means Mike gets to become a true Aggie!! *WHOOP!!*

Other than that, life is good. We both realized that school is only going to get 100 times harder from here on out and we have to buckle down and accept that. I don't know if he will ever finish school... :S

4 comments:

nlgal said...

He'll be done before Wes is! At least Wesley loves every minute of his...

Jennifer said...

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Congratulations Mikey!!

That is so awesome. School's tough (I know - I dropped out), but it will end and you will succeed!

Liz said...

I'm so proud of you guys for buckling down and pushing throught. Mike's education will be so worth it in the long run...take it from an oldie like me. I love the snowmen.

Laura said...

Whoop! Congratulations to Mike!! He's going to do great! Robert graduated from college when he was 27 (he stopped and started a few times along the way). It was a lot of trouble, but well worth it in the long run.