So as most of you know, Mike and I moved in to our new apartment last Friday. We left really early Friday morning so that we could get the key, do the walk around, unpack and get the uhaul back on time. Jen, Kat (my new adopted sister and Jen's friend who is now living with my family) and I were the first ones to show up at the apartment. I wanted to DIE!!!
I don't even know how to explain to you guys about how disgusting and broken and torn up our apartment was!!!! There were dead bugs EVERYONE and WORSE! LIVE ONES chased me all over the house! There was a huge hole in the wall of one of the bedrooms, the washer and dryer were pulled out in to the middle of the hallway with HUGE holes in the wall behind them and trash ALL over behind them. The entire place was filthy and had not been cleaned, there were nail holes and screw holes in all of the walls. The walls were scuffed and stained and dirty. I was sick to my stomach. As soon as Mike walked in, he was furious. It strictly said on our lease that they would clean, spray for bugs, fix any problems and touch up paint before we moved in. They hadn't done any of it!!
Mike, Dad and I went down to the Realtor's office. You cannot imagine how hard it was for me not to yell at this dude who had COMPLETELY screwed us over. We had to wait a while to talk to him and I was just getting madder and madder by the minute. When we finally talked to him, he didn't believe us! He said he had done everything he could for us and that there was nothing he could do for us. I started to cry and I showed him the pictures. We were furious! He finally looked at the pictures, went in his office to check on something, and when he came back, his attitude had completely changed. He was so apologetic and we even got our first rent for free!!! He kept saying he was sorry and that he would have someone come clean and fix the holes and that they would keep spraying for bugs for several months.
I honestly thought Mike and I had made a big mistake. I was so upset at everything that happened and really thrown off. It's been a really rough start but we have been able to start setting up the apartment a little, but are trying to wait to see if they are really going to come and paint the walls or not.
I'll be sure to post pictures when I get everything set up, but here are some pics of how horrible it was at first.
2 comments:
reminds me of one of our dental school apartments.... you would go in the kitchen, turn on the lights and cockroaches would fly!! And there was a big hole under that kitchen sink that the neighbors cat would crawl through to our apt in! I guess everyone has to have a place like this once in a lifetime.... Luckily, it was only once for us...good luck!
Holy crap! What lived there before you guys - neanderthals??? That is awful! I'm so sorry! I really hope everything gets fixed up for you! I'm really glad all of that is in the lease for you and that you thought to take pictures of it all!
Post a Comment