I had the best date ever with Mike this week. We went to the Cheesecake Factory (one of my most favorite restaurants ever because they have EVERYTHING). We had a gift card (thanks to Laura Early :D) so it was free. Nothing better than eating your favorite food and one of the best cheesecakes ever for free!
Then Mike and I went to the mall. We didn't do any shopping. We just walked around and watched people. We can get pretty mean, but I don't really care. People who wear that much makeup or that little of clothes really should be told, right? Too bad I would never say it to their face.
I have felt so close to my husband lately. It feels like we are dating all over again. You know that can't-wait-to-see-each-other, want-to-spend-every-waking-moment-together feeling? We have been so emotionally connected lately and our lives are just coming together so smoothly. We are finally making definitely plans with our money and with Mike's school. We also have so much in common. I am so grateful that I married my best friend.
Mike has off for 3 weeks now which means I will be seeing a lot more of him for a little while. Suuwweeeeett!!
4 comments:
WOO HOOOO!! That is sweet! You two certainly deserve it.
That is so awesome. Thank you for sharing your recent triumphs in your marriage. We sometimes get complain-y and forget how great our guys really are. Good job seeing, giving and feeling the love! Ya'll are both so awesome and the Lord is blessing ya'll for how hard you work every day, in marriage, careers, school and life!
It is a beautiful thing when we manage to stumble back into that wonderful closeness in marriage. The best part about this post is that you will be able to look back on it again and again! Enjoy your sweetie and his time off!
Y'all should take on a "project" together while he has extra time. I don't know... plant flowers, paint a room...something. Thomas and I always enjoy finishing projects together. It is hard work but the finished product always brings us closer. There's something to be said about creating something together. =)
aww yay! Im so glad you guys have had some much needed time together. It makes all the difference, especially when you get to eat for free! Good date!!
Post a Comment