Things have gotten a little crazy around here lately. My baby sister Jennifer got engaged around Valentine's day and the whole family has jumped in to the wedding planning mode. The wedding isn't until the end of June, but it is going to be in Hawaii and that is their busy season. We have been trying to find places to stay while we are there and somewhere to have the reception. I also am really enjoying looking on pinterest to find ideas for dresses, decorations, and cakes! Most of my free time is spent on the computer working on the wedding or as of the last couple days, re-reading my hunger games books (SO excited for the movie coming out!!). Most of my other time is spent trying to keep up with Jasper!
Jasper is changing so much every day, it is almost hard to keep up! His little brain is picking things up so fast and it is getting harder and harder to keep him entertained. With Mike constantly doing school work or being at work, Jasper and I spend a LOT of time together. When the weather is nice, we like to either walk down to our neighborhood park to play on the playground (or watch the older kids play. He is a MAJOR people watcher) or we go to another park that has ponds with ducks which Jasper absolutely LOVES. He enjoyed getting out of the house (boy does Mama too!!) and loves being outdoors. Any time I let Chewy out into the backyard, Jasper wants to go. Luckily our neighbors have little kids that visit often and they have some cool backyard toys that he can play with. He is constantly looking out the front window at all the neighborhood kids playing and I know he is wishing he was big enough to play too. We often go up to the mall to walk around the see the puppies at the puppy store (Jasper isn't a huge fan of holding them, but I am :D ) or up to Wal-Mart to run errands and see Daddy when he is working.
Jasper is getting a little more outgoing and social. He loves skyping with my family and seeing them on the webcam. He has started to talk while we are in public, but gets shy when people talk directly to him. And boy is his vocabulary growing! Some of my favorites that he says are: "all done!", "uh oh," "yucky," "juice," and "hi!" We are still working on the whole "mama" thing lol. He loves going to visit his grandparents or when friends come over to visit. We actually left him with a friend the other day for the first time ever (while he was awake and with someone other than family) and he did great. Actually, he could have cared less when I went to pick him up, which made me a little sad honestly. But it is nice to know that he isn't inconsolable when I'm gone. He loves playing with all of his toys (and mom's kitchen stuff) and making a huge mess of the house. He has really gotten the hang of crawling onto the couch and has decided that he loves our rocking chair. Also, Jasper has figured out what phones are for and walks around the house "talking" on my phone which is the cutest thing ever!!
Mike is busier than I have ever seen him. It is so so lucky that his boss works so well with his school schedule this semester. He is only working about 20 hrs a week, but sometimes it seems like even that is too much with the amount of homework he has. On his days off from work, he goes to school early, goes to class, stays after class late, comes home and then goes in to the bedroom to do even MORE homework. Even as I blog, he is sitting on the couch doing homework. This already (we aren't even halfway done yet!) has been the hardest semester he has ever had. I sure hope that we both survive this semester!!
1 comment:
cute! I love all the pictures! Thanks for the update, I've been wondering what you guys were up to! I'm so jealous that you get to go outside!! We're so sick of being stuck inside! We bundle up and go out a couple times a week just to roam around with the dog, and I try to take him on lots of errands with me. Nathan's so much happier when he's been OUT of the house! I love the shoe thing :o) Nathan picks up shoes and tries to put them on their feet. I love this age; they really are learning so fast!
Post a Comment