Friday, July 27, 2012

Wow am I behind!!

 Sadly, this is the only recently family pic we have.  Obviously time for a new one.

Oh my goodness, I can't believe how long it has been since I last blogged!!  It has been MONTHS!  But just so you know, I have been updating my other blogs a lot more often and that is my excuse for kind of abandoning this poor one.  So here is an update.  : )

The biggest thing that has happened to us in the last couple of months that I haven't talked about on this blog yet is that we are expecting again :)  We found out in late March that we are going to have another baby and we couldn't be happier.  So far the pregnancy is going well.  I am now about 23 weeks pregnant and am starting to feel lit :)  We found out we are having another little boy.  Boy am I in trouble!  I am going to be completely surrounded by boys (even Chewy is a boy!) but I wouldn't want it any other way.  The only real interesting thing about this pregnancy is that because Jasper was 6 weeks (according to my doctor...), there is a 66% chance that this one will come as early, if not earlier.  So to prevent this, my doctor has me taking progesterone shots once a week until I am 37 weeks pregnant.  Talk about painful!  Ugh and I hate shots!  But I really want to do what is best for this little guy and want him to stay in there as long as possible.  We both are doing well and he is starting to wiggle and kick up a storm which is always nice to feel ;)

Another huge thing that happened lately is that my baby sister Jennifer got married in Hawaii.  My dad flew all of us (minus Mike... he had classes and a final) down to Hawaii for vacation (aka last minute wedding plans) and the actual sealing and reception.  Boy did we have a blast!  We were able to see quite a few places even though we were busy with the wedding.  The weather was beautiful and the house that we stayed at couldn't have been more perfect.  We spend a lot of time at the beach and eating fresh fruit (mostly mangos....yum!) and enjoying family time.  Jasper had a rough time the first couple of days and became completely attached to me.  Seriously, I couldn't even go to the bathroom without him having a complete breakdown.  Luckily, by the end of the week he had warmed up to everyone and gave momma some free time to herself. 
 
 This was our first morning in Hawaii.  We were at the beach watching the sun rise :)

 I couldn't ask for a better new brother-in-law.  He is from the Philippians and brings lots of new and interesting things (including his beautiful brown skin hehe) to our family.  From the very start, Jasper and him got along great.  Patrick was so helpful with Jasper and often times was the only one Jasper would go to.  I love this picture here.  We were at the beach and Patrick was playing games with Jasper while I looked for cool shells.  Jasper also went to Jennifer really easily, but we think that is because she looks so much like me, plus we skype often.


The wedding day was crazy hectic, but everything turned out beautiful.  There weren't very many people in the sealing room (Patrick's family couldn't afford to come),  so it was nice and intimate.  Some of Jen and Patrick's good friends took pictures afterwards which turned out beautifully.  I still can't believe my baby sister is married!!

 I know this is a crazy picture, but it fits our personalities so well.  I love my sisters.


 My adorable little man who was absolutely great for pictures until stinking Adam let him eat some kind of seed pod.  Still gonna kick your butt, Adam!

 The whole family including Kellsie and Adam and minus Mike.  


We got back home to Texas on a Saturday afternoon, had an open house on Sunday evening (luckily Jen and Jess did an AMAZING job taking care of that so we didn't have to stress about it.  Thank you thank you!) and then left for a family reunion Tuesday morning.  Luckily, Mike's final was Monday morning and he was able to come with us (yay!).  The drive up there wasn't so fun because Jasper had to have me sit in the backseat with him.  It was so so nice getting together with everyone.  We spent a lot of time just hanging out and playing games, mostly because it was too hot outside to do anything else.  We haven't been able to go to a family reunion in YEARS so it was nice to be able to go.  Plus, Mike was in a dire need of a vacation from school ;)

We were able to take Jasper to Woolarock for the first time.  It is a Native American themed museum/park that I have been going to since before I can remember.  It was so nice to see Jasper seeing things I enjoyed as a little kid.
 Besides the petting zoo (where he called everything a puppy) this was his favorite part:  a buffalo that vacuums up your trash.

 Our traditional family pic in from of the museum.

The whole Tuckett family minus 8.  


We had a very interesting time trying to get back in to the normal swing of things after being on vacation for about 2 1/2 weeks.  Luckily, Mike only had 1 class this summer and was finished before the reunion.  We have really really enjoyed having him around in the mornings when he used to be at school.  We take daily trips just to get out of the house and often go to the park to play before it gets too hot.  Because he isn't in school, Mike has been working about 34 hrs a week which is nice because it means a little extra money.  He still has 5 weeks off until school starts and Jasper and I are going to try and enjoy ever extra minute with him that we can.  

Jasper is doing great.  I still can't believe how much this little boy is growing and how fast he is growing!  He LOVES having his daddy home because he is his favorite playmate.  I love seeing them play together.  Jasper is more curious than ever and his personality is getting bigger and bigger.  He is such a playful little guy and by the end of the day, my house looks like a tornado has run through it.  He loves reading books, feeding Chewy his food, watching Elmo, and playing with anything that momma doesn't want him to play with ;)  His vocabulary is just blowing me away and his most recent word he says is "trash" which sounds more like "ash."  He loves helping mommy whether it be loading the laundry in the washing machine, unloading the dishwasher, sweeping/mopping, or helping mommy bake.  I absolutely love all the time I get to spend with this little boy and lately have been wanting to go in to his room after he is asleep just to snuggle him (I blame the pregnancy hormones :P )
 
Wearing Daddy's shirt.

As for me, I am doing pretty well.  Now that I am in my second trimester, this pregnancy is fairly easy and I don't feel like I absolutely have to have a nap every day (even though most days I still take one).  Jasper definitely keeps me busy and on my toes and most of my day is spent playing with him and chasing him around the house.  I also am LOVING having Mike home in the mornings because it gives me a little break :)  Plus, I really enjoy spending time with him where he isn't talking/worrying about school.  I am dreading him going back to school though, but hopefully, he will be finished in about a year (boy am I praying hard!) 

So overall, we are doing great.  We are really enjoying our summer together and loving watching Jasper grow. 

No comments: