Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2 weeks in one!

1. On Sunday July 10th, my baby was 8 months old. It is crazy to me to believe that he has been out of the womb longer than he was in. He is growing and getting in to everything and definitely keeping me on my toes!



2. I found this recipe for Rootbeer float cookies that I wanted to try out. They were pretty good but nothing like I had got my hopes up for. I took them to a play date luncheon and they gobbled them up.



3. Tuesday night when I took Chewy out for the last time, I heard this weird noise. I looked around to see where it was coming from and found a family of toads living in one of my pots. How cute is that?!



4. I woke up in the middle of the night feeling the worse cramps in my entire life I swear! The next day Aunt Flo came to visit. I hadn't seen her in almost a year and a half and I wish she would have stay away longer!



5. Jasper and I wanted to get out of the house Thursday plus I need to do some grocery shopping. Jasper is starting to really enjoy shopping with me, thank goodness, and we had a good time. Sorry this is a picture of a picture on my cell phone.



6. Friday afternoon, my parents came to visit. I had been waiting all week for Friday to get here not only because my parents were coming but also because they were going to watch Jasper so that Mike and I could go see the final Harry Potter movie. YAY it was absolutely AMAZING!!



7. The main reason why my parents came to visit was so that mom could go to Super Saturday with me. I was teaching a class and wanted to do some of the other crafts so she came along to do them for me. It was really nice to spend some time with my mom.



8. Mike had off work on Sunday so we got to spend a lot of time playing with Jasper. We were all playing in Jasper's room when Mike got an idea. We made up this game with some of Jasper's toys and tried to see who could do it the fastest. This resulted in me getting some serious carpet burns on my knees.



9. I worked all weekend on one of the projects that I got at Super Saturday. I finally was able to finish it up on Monday. It is a an advent calendar that has scriptures from Christ's life starting with his death and working up to his birth on Christmas Eve.



10. So I decided that I want to get back in shape. Ever since I stopped breastfeeding, I've been putting the pounds back on. So I started this exercise video on Tuesday. I only did a 15 minute workout but I couldn't walk for DAYS. Let's just say I haven't done the video since lol.



11. I decided to do most of my housework earlier this week since we were going to Bay City to visit family. Jasper LOVES helping me with the laundry if you can call pulling out all of the folded clothes helping ;)



12. So Thursday was a really really rough day. Jasper had a horrible night and was having a horrible day too. I got so fed up that I tried to lock myself in my room for a little while. Mike ended up taking off the door knob to get me out the little cheater!



13. We were able to head down to Bay City after Mike got out of class on Friday. Their ward had a Pioneer Day party that we were able to go to and see old friends. Jasper LOVES his cousins Griffin and Phoenix and loved playing with them. Here the they are playing with Griffin's bike.



14. Saturday was a really nice day. Mike's grandpa was also in town so we had lots of family time. Griffin loves playing in the water and Jasper wanted to join him. I'm so glad that we live so close to family!


No comments: