1. Mom decided to come down on Sunday to visit. She sewed Jasper's blessing outfit and we wanted to make sure it fit him before his big day. The top fit him fine, but the legs were way too long. He looked like he was wearing parachute pants. I didn't want mom to stress out about it and he would only be wearing it 1 day so we figured the length would be fine. I think she enjoyed her Jasper time too. ;)
2. Since Mom came down to visit, on Monday we went to Target to look for some white shoes to go with Jasper's blessing outfit. We didn't find any shoes, but Grandma found this toy and couldn't pass it up. Jasper has been playing with it ever since and absolutely loves it. Thanks Grandma Jo ;)
3. Living in a college town has its perks. Especially when it comes to our ward. There are tons of young student families having babies and starting families. Since Jasper was born, there have been 5 babies (that I know of) born into our ward. Tuesday, I went over to my friend Sadie's house to look through her boy clothes. She just had a baby girl and didn't need the boy stuff anymore. I can't wait until Jasper can fit in to some of these clothes!
4. Mike and I love burgers. Wednesday, Mike didn't have work and the weather was absolutely PERFECT so we grilled some. Oh my goodness. You can't tell just by looking at this guy, but it was the best burger I have ever had! We added thick cut strips of bacon and BBQ sauce. WOW!! It was delicious!
5. One of the really nice things about not having a job is that I have the time and sometimes the energy to bake. I have been trying out new cookie recipes lately and on Thursday, I found an amazing oatmeal raisin recipe that Mike and I both LOVE. Seriously, I'm pretty sure I ate half the batch before Mike got home from work that night.
6. Friday was the biggest cleaning day. I tried to do a little cleaning here and there all week so that I wouldn't have to try and do it all on Friday and Saturday. Because Mom and Dad Ruggles and Grandma and Grandpa Tuckett were staying with us, I rearranged our room. Jasper and Chewy helped.
7. Saturday was finally the day! I had been cleaning house ALL week waiting for the weekend to come and for my family to come up and visit. Grandma and Grandpa Tuckett, Mom and Dad Ruggles and Mom and Dad Homer were all coming up for Jasper's blessing on Sunday. When they all got here, Dad took us out to eat at Fish Daddy's. Talk about YUM! The only sad part was that it was so busy, we had to get to separate booths :(
No comments:
Post a Comment