1. On Monday, I went in for my weekly NST. My doctor was away delivering a baby at the time, but the nurse said Fred looked great and that I was free to go. About an hour later, the nurse called back. My doctor said that I was having contractions every 1 to 2 minutes and needed to go to the hospital. I was completely unaware that I was having them and was in no pain at all. To make a really long and boring story short...
a. Mike was at school when I went in. He was freakin out
b. My visiting teaching came and sat with me and went and picked up Mike from school
c. I was put on IV fluids (3 liters!!) in hopes that I was just dehydrated
d. The nurse checked my cervix to see if I was dilating, I wasn't. She checked in an hour, still nothing.
e. They ran a test to see what the likelihood of me having the baby in 2 weeks, came back negative.
f. The contractions never completely stopped. They slowed a little, became less uncomfortable and weren't productive so they sent me home.
I have been drinking TONS of water since and been trying to take it a little easier ever since!
2. This was my first week off from work. Funny how on my first day home, I ended up in the hospital lol. I am LOVING being at home all the time. I am able to get as much sleep as I want, work on some of my projects, and clean house before Fred gets here. I have a stronger feeling that he isn't going to wait until his due date to come so I am trying to get as much done as soon as possible.
3. Thursday night was my cooking with pumpkin class. I am so relieved that it is over with! I spent most of this last week trying all the recipes and making sure I had everything together that I needed. I taught 2 classes: a sweet and a savory. The savory class went great with only 3 people in it. The sweet one didn't go as smoothly. There were probably 12 people in the small kitchen with not much to do, so most of them didn't even pay attention and talked amongst themselves. I was a little ticked off, but I am half their age and feel a little bad telling them to pay attention. At least there were a couple that helped me out and paid attention. We were able to get all the food out and it all turned out GREAT! I got a ton of compliments and they ate almost everything. Now I have a ton of recipes for myself, too :)
4. I was able to take some maternity pictures with one of my friends in my ward. The weather was pretty nasty so we just did a few inside. Plus, she really likes to take more of the couple and Mike had work. I haven't seen all of the pictures, only one, but it looks great. I can't wait to go back on a nice day and have Mike with me. Plus, she is doing it as a baby shower gift! Even better! I probably will still pay her though for giving up so much of her time.
5. I am getting so tired of Mike's academic adviser at A&M. In the Nuclear department at A&M, before he can register for his next semester's classes, he has to meet with his adviser. This guy is almost impossible to get a hold of. Earlier this semester, he needed to meet with him so he emailed him and never got a response. He ended up just going in. Well, this last time, Mike emailed him WEEKS ago, didn't get a response, so he emailed him again. Still nothing, so he went in to his office and set up an appointment. Mike shows up to his appointment on time and this dude isn't even there. He waited over an hour and then he FINALLY showed up. How unprofessional!!!!!!!! I mean, I know he is busy with other kids trying to do the same thing and he teaches classes, but still. If you can't balance your time, you need to drop something. Am I right? I want him to change advisers before the next semester.
6. On Friday, I was able to drive down and spend some time with my mom. I forgot that since I don't work anymore, I really don't have to wait until it is the weekend to head down there, lol! We drove around to several different babies r us stores looking at baby stuff. It was a blast seeing her get so excited about the baby stuff. Also, we were able to work some more on Fred's bedding. We still have a lot to do, so Mom might have to finish it. Mom and Dad always feed me really well when I go home too. That is a bonus! ;)
7. We bought our car seat!!! I don't know why, but it makes the whole thing seem so much more real. Mom asked if feeling the baby and seeing the baby bump makes it feel real and it does. It makes the fact that I am pregnant feel real. Buying the car seat makes the fact that he is going to come out more real. We are slowly starting to get more and more of the things we need, but we still need a ton. At least now we can bring him home from the hospital if he comes early ;)
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment