Mike and I decided that a day isn't long enough to celebrate birthday. We decided that we are going to have a birthday week instead. This week was my birthday week and it has been amazing!
After work on Monday, Mike, Chewy and I packed up the car to go camping! We went to a campsite at Gibbons Creek Reservoir up here in Bryan Texas. It was beautiful out there! We camped right on the bank of the reservoir and could see all the way across to the coal plant lol! It really was beautiful...until the sun went down. The first night we stayed, it got down to 32 degrees. We had ice on our tent!! I can promise you that I will never going camping in the winter again, even in Texas. But the days were beautiful and perfect for camping. We had some AMAZING food thanks to the dutch oven Mike got me for my birthday and just enjoyed spending time together.
Mike had 4 days off in a row this week and so my nights haven't been so lonely. That's lucky for my birthday week. :D He has been off of school too, so he really has been enjoying his lazy days. Every day when I got home from work, we would just cuddle and he would play with my hair. Perfect.
My actual birthday day was great. Mike made me breakfast in bed!! Such a sweet guy. I worked all morning (bleh bleh bleh!) but again was lucky that Mike worked during the day that week and was all mine that night :D The bishopric called us and asked us to teach the Sunbeams!!!!!! I'll get some more babies!! And then to celebrate (both getting babies and for my birthday) we went to taco bell, my most favorite fast food ever, next to chick fil a that is.
To top all of that off, my whole fam (minus Kat and Nat) came to visit me :D We have just been vegging and they took me out to eat at Outback, yum!!
I did have a really hard time for a little while though. My Nana Ruggles and I share the same birthday and this was the first year without her. Every year she would call me on our birthday, and I really missed our yearly phone call... I hope my Papa didn't have too hard a time.
Too bad my birthday week is over tomorrow :( It has been wonderful.
If you're going on a Disney Cruise...
9 years ago
2 comments:
time to institute "Birthday Month"...That is what we have!
I thought of you all day on your birthday b/c of Grandma. I hoped it would still be happy for you. Looks like birthday week came through!
Post a Comment