Friday, December 18, 2009

I have never hated anything more...

I'll get to that part of the story in a minute.

Can you believe that Christmas is exactly a week away? Craziness, I know! This week has been CRAZY busy at work and I feel way overwhelmed. I know that I survived baking for Thanksgiving where we made over 500+ pies, but I'm having a hard time right now. We have been so busy every day that I haven't been able to prep anything for next week. And by next week, I mean we already have several orders that start going out Monday!! I am going to be moving no-stop next week!! Christina, the girl that helped me so much with Thanksgiving has been leaving early for graduation, dr.'s appointments, that sort of thing and I feel very alone. Oh well. I work tomorrow and I plan on prepping as much as is humanly possible.

On a weird side note, I had to go back to the gyno on Monday. Who likes that?!? Not me. And this was a follow up pap-smear because the last check-up I had, my results came back "slightly abnormal" so they were checking things out again. Luckily, they ran a HPV test, and that was negative. My doctor told me that if things were better, he'd see me in 6 months, if they were the same, he'd see me in 6 months, and if things were worse, we would figure it out. :S I hope everything is back to normal.

Ok, now on to the hating part. Mike rarely asks for days of from work. He asked for the day after Christmas off, and of course, didn't get it. The really bad part is that they scheduled him to work from 3 til 10 on Christmas Eve. Who does that?!?!? Especially when they close at 8 (an hour later than Target, by the way). We both thought that he would be able to just leave early, but it turns out that he can't. When he came home from work last night, he told me. I was devastated! It is our first Christmas in our own place! Also, it is my first Christmas away from my family. I really wanted this to be special to me. Christmas Eve has always been HUGE in my family and so I really didn't want to spend it all alone in my empty house!! I don't think I have ever hated anything less than I hate Mike's Wal-mart. *Insert angry face*

Well, today he went and talked to him boss. I feel really bad about freaking out about it last night because I know he hates it when I cry. He told him boss that he wanted to either come in earlier Christmas Eve or have the day after Christmas off. Only by the grace of God did he actually get his way! Now he works from 7 - 4. I will have all night with him. :D I am truly grateful for one considerate boss.

Tonight, Mike and I are having a date night! I am making him Orange Chicken, we are going to watch Frosty the Snowman, and then go look at Christmas lights.

Grades for Mike are posted tomorrow :S

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry, I have NOT been on the blog scene at all. So, here are my comments:

LOVE the tree! I'm sure your house smells like Santa's workshop would smell (minus sawdust).

Your Thanksg. meal looks great; isn't it fun to have a holiday at your very own home?

I'm so sorry about Christmas Eve getting jacked by the bossman. I'm glad that he could revise it some. I take it we won't see you at the Ugly Ornament Exchange on Tues. the 22nd? I emailed your mom, but no response. I bet i got it wrong. SORRY. Anyway, if you come, it is 7 at my mom's.

We miss you down here. Your cake is gorgeous. I'd love you to teach me to dehydrate those citrus slices for the tree.

Okay, that's it. I'm crazy busy (not 500+ pie busy, but busy for me), so I don't know when I'll be on the blogs again. Love you!

Liz said...

wow. that is alot of stuff! so sorry about all that solo baking and prepping. sorry about mike's crappy walmart-one more reason to hate that wretched store! So glad he put his foot down. As much as you hate crying and making him feel bad it helped get him mad enough to make them listen! Good job, mike! Here's wishing y'all the best first-christmas-in-your-own-place-away-from-family ever!