Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lazy Sunday

This week has FLOWN by! Where did it go?!?

Work is getting pretty crazy as we get closer to Thanksgiving. Already, after a week of November, we have almost 30 pie orders! We still have 2 1/2 weeks! Luckily, there are a couple of pies that I can make ahead of time, freeze, and then bake the day that they are to be picked up. There are tons of pies that I can't freeze though and I'll be working my butt off the 2 days before Thanksgiving. Luckily I'll have several people helping me so we can bust them out :D

Oh and speaking of Thanksgiving. Mike asked off for Thanksgiving. Yeah, I know, everyone probably asks off for Thanksgiving so it shouldn't be a surprise that he didn't get the day off. It just totally bummed me out because Mike asked for it off almost 2 months ago! Shouldn't it be based on a first come, first serve type of thing? It isn't even remotely busy at Walmart on Thanksgiving. So, we aren't for sure what is going to happen for Thanksgiving yet. :S

In one of my older posts, I talked about Mike getting rejected by A&M. Well, he called the school and asked why he didn't get accepted. They told him it was because he didn't have his physic 2 class finished, which is a total and complete lie. He already has almost 45 hours of transferable classes, with 30 of them being in the specific core classes needed for his major. Anywho, I don't want to complain about it anymore so I'll stop venting. We decided that we would stay here in Bryan for at least another semester, he would take the 2 classes that he has left before his major-specific classes, and reapply to A&M in the summer and fall. If all else fails, he has been accepted to Texas A&M in Kingsville and we will move there if he gets rejected again.

And speaking of Mike's school. Is it December yet?!? This has been one of the longest and hardest semesters of his school career. I can't remember a day that he hasn't done homework. Luckily, he is doing pretty well in all of his classes and should be able to pull off all A's and B's (that is if his music teacher is nice on the final... she is CRAZY!!!)

Our ward is great. Our apartment is great. Chewy is doing great. He is currently barking at the neighbors (what is new?). Work is great. Walmart will continue to suck in my opinion. And I will continue to waste a lot of my time on the computer waiting for Mike to get home.

2 comments:

Shel said...

Wow, you are going to be cuckoo crazy with pies here pretty soon... Pies Pies everywhere! Walmart is just poopy! Poopy poopy poopy!! We can pray that they will 1. call and say they don't need him afterall.. it is Thanksgiving!! or 2. He will get there and be sent home shortly after... Prayers will be sent your way!!! Hang in there... y'all are doing fabulous :)

Shel said...

You found an uberly cute background :) I likey!! Thank you for your comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. Hope things are going good this week :)