Friday, November 20, 2009

Is it Thanksgiving yet?!?

So I am the baker at a sandwich shop here in Bryan. You would not believe how busy we are right now trying to get ready for Thanksgiving. Honestly, I have been prepping apple pies for 3 weeks and I still am WAY behind. I think that last official count was 247 pies for Tuesday and Wednesday next week. Can you believe that?!? Oh and most of them I can't make a head of time. Only the pies like apple, peach and cherry can be made ahead. So, lets just say that I am going to be one busy bee next week!!

Other than that, things are great. I convinced my mom to have Thanksgiving here in Bryan with me and Mike!! That way, Mike doesn't have to drive all the way down there late at night on Wednesday and have to "call in sick" for Thursday. I am beyond excited!! That does mean I need to clean my house, especially my spare room, and I don't have a huge oven so it might take a little longer... Oh well. I'm ecstatic!

Mike is doing great will school. He is always busy studying, but his classes are going well. We registered for his classes next semester and he is taking a government class and scuba. Weird huh? That is the absolute only class that he can take. He has ever single core class and now we just have to wait for him to get accepted to A&M, lol. :D

Man... working so much makes me so tired that I don't want to cook. Now what am I going to have for dinner....

3 comments:

nlgal said...

You know... BYU has a good engineering program...

Ellis Family said...

AND so does OSU

Jennifer said...

Argh - I just got your book comment, and I'm not even at church. I'll call Sarah and try to pick it up and give it to your mom. Happy "1st" Thanksgiving!