Monday, July 27, 2009

I always seem to post when I am emotional....

Last night, Mike and I stayed up until midnight to register for his classes. We thought that since it was a junior college and that it was midnight that it wouldn't be that busy.

BOY WERE WE WRONG!!!

At 12:01 we started calling the school to register. Busy Signal.
We started logining in to the computer. The server was down.

For the next 45 MINUTES we continually called and tried to login to the computer system. Busy signal EVERY time and no matter how many times I logged in to the computer system (even using different browsers), we couldn't get on. You cannot imagine how much I hate hearing a busy signal. It's giving me nightmares!

FINALLY we were about to get through on the phone and were able to successfully register for all of his classes.


How can you honestly have such a sucky server that either crashed or just wouldn't let us in? They are a full blown junior college in a college town. I am soo glad that Mike is only going there for a semester. I never want to register there ever again.

But he got his classes!!! :D

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

You just brought back horrible memories of registering at BYU. I think it is the same in every single college town. I am SO glad y'all finished that crappy chore. Did he get the classes he wanted?

Posting when you are emotional means this is a great outlet for you ;-)

Carrie said...

Yeah, emotional posting helps! Glad he got his classes!! I was so lucky to never deal with any kind of busy server when registering Brian because he always waiting til last minute and then he had to pretty much waitlist everything and rely on the fact that the teacher liked him to get in. ANNOYING! It caused a lot of anxiety, but no frustrating waiting at midnight!

Andrea Dent said...

AHH! Agree with Jennifer, you brought back MANY memories of dealing with college registration! I'm so sorry, but I'm glad you finally got in! I actually was just thinking of how excited I am for you guys! Seriously, our days in college were fun (minus dealing with registration :)) There are many fun things ahead for you guys!

Laura said...

Registering for classes has come a long way since I went to A&M! Back then we filled out cards with what classes we wanted and turned them in. No computers. But is seemed to work.

Man, I'm old!

Jennifer said...

Awww, Ali-girl, you sneaky little friend. THANK YOU THANK YOU! What a perfect surprise, and you are so loving and thoughtful. I love you!