This is my grandmother. I think she is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.
Nana passed away this last Sunday. Luckily, she went in her sleep and it was pretty painless. She had been sick on and off for a while and was not getting around much anymore. While I am very sad that I won't ever get to see her smiling face again while on this earth, I know that she is up in heaven doing cartwheels and spending time with her family that is already up in heaven.
I was able to go up to Oklahoma for the funeral. Every single one of my cousins were there execept for one who was on a mission. It was great to be together as a family again and to see everything. Too bad it had to be at such a horrible price.
Before we left, we were watching a slideshow of my Nana's life that my dad had put together, my husband saw a picture of her and swore up and down that it was me.
I could not have asked for a more flattering compliment.
I miss you Nana.

4 comments:
Wow, you look a lot like her. Sorry for your loss.
She is beautiful, and you do look a lot like her! Isn't it funny that it's usually hard things that bring families all together? That's where the strength of a family really grows. I'm sorry for you loss, but I bet she loved seeing that her family was all together celebrating her life!
It was a wonderful way to spend such a hard week - all together as a family. We marry-ins certainly love and appreciate our Ruggles family, and I know that Grandma has given me such love in the ten years I've been one of y'all. I love you!
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad the whole family could get together to share wonderful memories.
Post a Comment