Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Phew.... it is all over!!

So, I finally have time to actually sit down and blog about Natalie's wedding. It has been the craziest past 2 weeks of my life!!

For my birthday, my cousins Jen and Jess took me shopping for a bachelorette present for Nat. Also, they took me out to breakfast and lunch. It was so amazing to actually have a girls day out, since I don't really have many girl friends around here. Those two are some of the funniest girls I know, too! I'm lucky to have them part of my family forever!

Later that day, we spent over 6 hours in 3 different airports trying to make it to Utah. The flights went well and we really didn't have many problems. We found out that we will never fly US Airways again. They don't even serve free drinks! Whats up with that?!? When we finally got to Utah, my brother-in law Kyle picked us up (he is a pilot and had just flown in at the same time) and let us borrow his car for the weekend. That was really nice of them and I don't know what we would have done without it.

That night was Nat's bachelorette party. It was nothing like mine, but it was still fun to spend time with my fam. It also was the first night that I spent away from Mike since we got married. :(

That next morning, my cousin Carrie threw Natalie the nicest bridal shower. It was so prepared and cute and just all around perfect. Thanks so much Carrie for that!

All in all, the wedding was perfect. I cried like a baby in the temple to think about my baby sister getting married and growing up and starting her own family. Its hard to think about it that way, but I am so happy for her. We had a dinner at the church that evening for the fam and the food was AMAZING.

The next day was the reception. We went and had our hair done and then took pictures in the FREEZING SNOW. I hate snow that stays more than a couple of days. Grr. Again, the reception went great and there was a hot chocolate machine that I absolutely LOVED.

The weekend definitely didn't run as smoothly as I would have hoped and I was probably not the nicest person to be around (PMS I'm guessing). That weekend, we also were able to spend time with Mike's sister Melissa and one of Mike's mission buddies. We also went sledding, which Mike has never done before. It was great to see family and friends again!

This last weekend was Nat and Wes's reception. It went great also, but thats because I helped a lot! ;) Just teasing. Mike and I did run the kitchen and took care of the food. I also, along with Mike's help, made both the wedding and the groom's cakes. It was GREAT practice for me and I have already gotten asked to do 3 more cakes! :D

I am going to put a slide show of the pictures on my main page because I don't really know how to do it on here. Jen, you need to help me out with all this extra blog stuff. :D

4 comments:

Matt said...

How did the soups turn out?

Carrie said...

You are awesome! I saw the cakes on your facebook! They are so fantastic! I love them! I can't wait to see more pictures! Let me know where to find them once they are up! Love you!

Jessica said...

It had so much fun on our girls day out. we need to do it more often for sure. you two are like my only friends in houston i swear. You did an amazing job on those cakes, they were beautiful and so delish! Im so excited you got more business from it! You should have business cards and start a portfolio!

Jennifer said...

The soups turned out great, Matt!

Yeah, I had so much fun together, too! We really should plan more things. I tend to sit in my house and wait for people to walk in the back door. Also, Ali, you should come to girls night out! It is really fun and a great way to meet women (that sounds like a cheesy phone hookup commercial!) Just let me know when you want to slideshow.