I think that my parents were ready to come home though, but not ready to leave Jen. I also think that I made it a little easier on them so that they could postpone their empty nest a little bit longer. I got to spend a lot of time with mom since she drove with me down to Lake Jackson so help me transport a cake to a bridal shower I was going to. It is nice to be able to have her to talk to so often especially about pregnancy and baby stuff. I also got to spend some time with Dad who seems to be taking this Jen separation pretty hard. I'm sure they will get used to living alone and will soon love having the house to themselves.
I was also able to do another cake for my old roommate. She is getting married in October and had a shower this weekend. The theme of the cake was "bridal shower presents" and had different fondant fixtures on it. I had a blast playing with the fondant (even though I hate the way it tastes) and learned that it is easier to add the color to the fondant first then the paint the fondant later...it doesn't ever seem to dry!! Here are some pictures:
Mike is doing great in school. He is currently working on programing a robot car that he built to be able to run an obstacle course. It has to do certain things like follow a straight line, turn corners, avoid objects and stuff like that. It isn't remote controlled: it is computer programed so it should be interesting. Luckily he hasn't had too much homework this semester but I shouldn't get used to it...
No comments:
Post a Comment