Sunday, December 5, 2010

Seven on Sunday

It has been SO hard trying to find time to blog with Jasper here. Luckily he is asleep right now so I'll do some catching up.

1. Jasper came home from the hospital almost 2 weeks ago. It has been a crazy adventure!! We were so spoiled having him in the NICU for so long. I had no idea how hard it was going to be and how hard the baby blues/hormones were gonna kick in. The lack of sleep didn't help much either. We are still trying to find the best ways to feed him, change his diaper, and help him sleep. He slept great the first few nights in his bassinet but has been a pill about it ever since. I'm sure we will figure out what he likes best and hopefully get in to some sort of routine sometime soon.

2. Thanksgiving was wonderful. Mom and Dad came down to visit with us and did all of the cooking, thank goodness. We just sat around loving on Jasper and watching football all day.

3. My parents left Friday morning. Mom had been with us since the time Jasper was born and I had a hard time accepting the fact that she was really leaving me with this newborn to take care of all by myself!! Luckily, Mike still had some time off from work so he could help me out. That first weekend was really nice. Mike, Jasper, Chewy and I just sat around the house and enjoyed being our own little family.

4. Monday morning, Mike had to go back to school. That meant that it was just Jasper and I all by ourselves. Talk about a scary thought! We survived the day and have been doing great since then. Thank goodness finals are coming and then Mike will have a month of from school to help me out. :) I am glad that I was able to see that I can take care of him all by myself because it gives me more confidence in my abilities as a mom.

5. On the day that Mike had to go back to school, I got REALLY sick. I had been up all night in the bathroom while Mike took care of Jasper. I had NO idea how I was going to take care of myself and my newborn all by myself. I am so grateful to have the priesthood power in my home so that Mike could give me a blessing. Also, I am grateful that my visiting teacher was so in tune to the spirit that she knew I needed her. Before Mike left for work, she called and asked if I needed anything. She came over that afternoon and took care of Jasper while I showered and caught up on some sleep. I am forever in her debt.

6. I am so lucky to have Mike as a husband. He has helped so much with Jasper. Even though he is going to school and working, he still stays up with Jasper some in the middle of the night, feeding him a bottle, so that I can sleep. I know that he has got to be tired when he gets home, but he still holds him and loves on him when I am feeling overwhelmed. He is so supportive and encouraging and makes me feel better when I am getting discouraged. I don't know what I would do without him.

7. I am absolutely loving being a mom. Jasper couldn't be any sweeter or loving or cuddly. I still can't believe that I could still be pregnant right now or that he fit in my belly somehow! He is absolutely amazing and I look forward to raising him. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're right; it's pretty incredible that you could still be pregnant!

I love supportive husbands :o) Mitch does the same thing for Nathan and I! He's just wonderful!!

I loved that story about your visiting teacher! How wonderful!